ART-MUSIC-POETRY-SCIENCE-FANTASY-CULTURE-YOUR MUM


Monday 18 August 2008

Ren & Stimpy

Just wanted to know, does anybody know what I'm talking about when i say 'the close ups in Ren & Stimpy'. People always use to ask me, 'do you watch Ren & Stimpy?' And i use to reply 'yes i love the close ups'. And they use to look at me as if i had answered them in pig Latin.

In fact i use to watch the cartoon waiting eagerly for these close ups. A freeze frame in graphic detail, they were beautifully illustrated. I've had trouble finding any examples online and this picture isn't exactly what I'm talking about. I will only truly be happy when i have a set of these close ups printed on thick card almost like coasters presented to me in a metal collectors tin. That is a product which should be made available.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The close-ups are the best part of ren and stimpy. I am really upset that show didn't run longer, or they didn't bring it back on adult swim. It is perfect adult comedy.

JIRO said...

I know what you mean, maybe not the best example, but abit like 27 seconds into this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9_mFEDFMs

Conroy said...

You got it! these images need to be available in some form of printed matter